Compagnucci Building

In the 16th century, here is where Antonio Scaramuccia secretly brought up Amedeo di Savoia, son of Duke Emanuele Filiberto, for five years.

The present East façade was rebuilt in 1806, after the adjoining Chief Magistrate’s building was knocked down which allowed for an enlargement of the square.

The main floor houses the Girolamo Buratto Civic Art Gallery and has several rooms characterized by grotesque gouache and fresco decorations in Pompeian style. Until today, the name of the artist who did these paintings is unknown.

torna all'inizio del contenuto
torna all'inizio del contenuto
This is the section of the institutional site of the Municipality of del Comune di Montecassiano dedicated to tourism. For information regarding the organization, go to the home
This site is made by TASK according to the main accessibility rules | Credits | Privacy | Legal notices