It was originally built in 1558, the year in which the Municipality decided to construct a new church that would suitably accommodate the relic of the Cross preserved in a small chapel. Rebuilt starting in 1595, the façade is characterized by a portico constructed in 1660, divided into three spans with cross vaults. The interior, a single hall, presents eight chapels partly re-elaborated in the same year and embellished with stucco, paintings, frescoes and fittings. The chapels belonged to the local noble families, among which were: Buscalferri, Tulli, Antolini, Buratti and Ferri, who placed their coat of arms above the entrance arches. The main altar is one of the most important objects in the church. It was built between the end of the 17th and beginning of the 18th century, in inlaid and gilded wood with great ornamental magnificence. It separates the presbytery from the wood choir at the back and at the centre, there is an impressive wooden crucifix. The choir loft of the counter-façade, in Rococo style, contains an organ of 1750 attributed to Giuseppe Attili from Ortezzano.