The building dates back to the 13th century. In the wall belfry, there is one of the oldest bells in the Marche region (casted in 1382). The first parish of the town resided here. After the construction of the walls in the 1400s, the building lost its primary importance because it was located outside of the surrounding walls in an undefended position. The oratory is characterized by a Romanesque apse in a single hall. Originally, the walls were covered with frescoes of a devotional nature attributed to the Marche School of the 15th and 16th centuries.